Friday, December 11, 2015

Ankara Fridays...

Hello lovelies,

As you know on casual Friday's we bring out our best Ankara outfits for work. Now if you follow me on instagram then you already know that when I was on my extended break from work, I took a short sewing and designing course at VETA, although I didn't exactly finish it and the course was lacking in so many things especially the designing part, I learnt a lot. I can now use a sewing machine, cut easy patterns, make simple clothes for myself and my daughter whenever I feel like it, boy clothes are hard but I can repair them and do minor adjustments. 
This skirt is one of the things I have made myself so far and am so proud of how it turned out, it took me about four hours from cutting to finish. I no longer have to deal with Fundi waswahili and wait for a month for a skirt, while I can make it on my own in a couple of hours free of charge. I do wish I had time to practice more often but with work it's getting harder but God willing next year you might even see me at Swahili Fashion Week as an upcoming designer if I ever get my act together and decide that designing is where my heart is, I see myself as more of a stylist than a designer but I'm also willing to spread my wings and not put myself in a particular box. 











I'm wearing: Shirt ~ Old (got it in China four years ago, still my favourite), Skirt ~ Made by me, Bag ~ Newlook via Asos, Heels ~ Newlook via Asos, Lipstick ~ Oriflamme

Have a great weekend!!

XoXo

Anitha

3 comments:

Anicheberry said...

Love how you combined the stripes and the African print!
www.anicheberry.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I think you should design atleast one line for the coming Swahili Fashion Week. You have the right sense of designing and fabric feel that will make your line so good. I am holding my breath for your designs.

http://xoxoaika.com/

sindisomoagi said...

I love this look. Blue is one of my favourite colours.
sindisosdiary.blogspot.com