Friday, September 6, 2013

All about Hair...

Hello darlings...

The weekend is here!! everyday is a weekend for me nowadays and no it's absolutely not as fun as I thought it will be LOL...I still wake up at the same time I used to when I was working and sometimes even earlier...when hubby goes off to work and Alyssa off to school am all alone with dada who spends the day locked in her room talking non stop on the phone even receptionists dont spend that much time on the phone I tell you no wonder I never get my change back LOL...

Now to important matters, lots of you asked about the weave/extensions am wearing and where I got it, what hair is it and how much...



This is actually the same hair I had during the wedding from Bongo Beauty Fix, a make, it's Virgin Peruvian Hair meaning it was unprocessed straight from some peruvian girl's head, from what I can tell this hair is way better than brazillian hair because it doesn't tangle at all, I don't sleep with a cap most day and I can walk out without even combing it and it still look smooth non of that unattractive frizz that brazillian hair has...but like your own hair you need to maintain it to keep it fresh, as you can see from the first pic it looks all dry and stringy well that happens when you go to the saloon and let them use their industrial shampoos on your hair, it dries out your hair and leaves it dry and hard...so whenever I need a wash I go to saloons that I know use legit and good hair products or I bring my own and also a leave in conditioner that keeps my hair smooth and soft for much longer...


Hair from Bongo Beauty Fix, this is an online business so to speak owned by an old childhood friend Evelyn or Eva whos based in the states, she sells this fabulous hair and makeup (mostly MAC and NARS but you can order any other brand and she ships it to you) check her out on instagram @bongobeautyfix and you can email her your order via bongobeautyfix@gmail.com, she's currently working setting up a facebook page which will be much easier to reach her and see the products but for now check her on instagram and email, will see if I can post her watsapp number...as for the price of the hair, well this is human hair hence it's a bit pricey good quality hair aint cheap so inabidi ufumbe macho then you take the plunge LOL urembo gharama... Contact her for special bundle pricing!

Now incase you are wondering how is it I have had this hair on for four months and counting and it still looks like this and how do I maintain it...here's how! Instead of a usual sew-in weave that I usually do where you have your hair cornrowed and then the weave is sewn in, I did brazilian/portugese knots! what are brazilian knots you may ask, these are a bit like pick-and-drop except i this style they tie the hair extension to your own hair with a special elastic thread.



The knots look like this...with this hair style you hair is free to grow out, you can wash your hair as you like, condition it and you can even relax it


the best part of the knots is you can do up your hair as you like...like my top knot here...


oh and incase your wondering how I achieve the top bun...meet my hair donut ring...will do a tutorial next week


this is how my roots have grown by now...I have since retouched my hair couple of weeks ago...I intend to stay with the hair for at least six months to get my money's worth LOL


My roots as of today...they have stretched much longer since I retouched them...


and that's all I have on hair for now, have a lovely weekend everyone...as for me am going to be sitting here stretching out my new shoes and re-reading my huge copy of the September issue of Vogue and dreaming of the  Phillip Lam collection for Target which is so unbelievably cheap I just can't imagine how people are going to kill each other just to get their hands on the pieces.


9 comments:

Elsa said...

Hey Anitha hope ur din well.

Nilinunua hizi nywele miezi mitatu iliyopita, but until now naandika hapa ziko kwenye box yake sijui niende saloon gani wakanisuke or do that knots. Pls advice me.

Thank for the sale u announce today, yepppp!!!

Amor said...

I love your make up and lipstick on the third picture. Who did your makeup dear?

Anonymous said...

price of the hair dia?

Anonymous said...

Aaaaaaw! Mwanetu anakua tu! Since your home, maybe a little bored how about you take us through your PREG EXPERIENCE !!!!!!! Like Unafanya excersice gani, unakula nini asubuhi hadi jioni, unavaa nini most of the times! Ili tu utuburudishe humu!

You are such a sweet girl! Kama sio nshomile vile! LOL! Au wewe mnyambo sio muhaya? LOL!

Anonymous said...

which saloon does the knots please

Christine Nicholous said...

the knots anitha,where did u do that and how much. Am graduating soon and i want to do the knots. I have brazillian weave. Cant afford the ones u have. Pli├Čiiiiz which salon should i go to for the knots?

Anonymous said...

Hello Anitha natumai umzima, saloon gan wafanya hy knots na bei yao?

Anitha Anthony said...

Hello everyone who asked knots zinafanyiwa wapi...I got my knots done at Million Hair Saloon Mikocheni...call them on number 0784989073 for directions.

Anonymous said...

Umependeza mno! And I like it that you look so humble and down to earth, God bless you more. Hizo knots za weaving wanafanya for how much mummie(just a precaution nisije nkafika nkaambiwa bei ambayo sitaeweza, its good to be prepared)?