Friday, May 3, 2013

Our Wedding Day...


Finally after months of preparations the big day was finally here!! I was exhausted by then, lack of sleep, being so busy all for just one day and it was all worth it. I did have a melt down on the wedding day when I thought I was going to be late to church and I went craaazyy! but after we got to church just in time I was so happy I started smiling and laughing again.


Our wedding was a joint effort between our families which are very close, I mean our Dads come from the same village, they went to school together, our moms are friends and we have basically known each other all our lives before we lost touch and got reunited two years ago, we are both wanyambo so we know the same people in town which made it all the better.

So let's begin... 



The dress...was by Forever Yours bridals style no.4912 ordered via Haven Bridal at www.bridalmegamall.com US


 ahhh the shoes...meet my Kate Spade charm glitter bow shoes from Neiman Marcus...pretty, girly, very comfortable at three inches and you know my bow addiction...



I wanted very barely-there/nude makeup for the wedding, something sweet, clean and simple...and I decided last minute as in the day before the wedding to change my makeup artist, am so thankful to Glambox for taking me on last minute and even though I was late...and I loved loved this makeup and even my hubby who hates makeup loved it...





Charlie's Angel LOL...





  Wedding Mass was held at St.Immaculate Church Upanga...



My father gave me away...






its official..signed and sealed...


Happy people...






With my brothers and brothers in-laws...






rings by Yakub Jewelers  


My beautiful bridesmaids, my BFFs, I can't thank these ladies enough, they really went all out for me from beginning to the end...from left Lucy, my wifi Judy, Renee, Beatrice, Happy, Vivette and Eva.






My Maid of Honor Vivette...we have been BFFs since high school to know this girl is to love her...beautiful inside and out..















Our Venue was the JK Marquee at the Mwalimu Nyerere Grounds...Decor by Endepa Events



I wanted a grecian inspired theme, lots of draping, soft pastel colours to compliment our wedding colours which were Rose petal pink and Grey, with hints of lilac, peaches, silver and cream...soft and romantic...



Our Moms making an entrance...






 Bubbly...






The Sweetest Love by Robin Thicke for our first dance...the perfect song.


And then we danced...



My Divas!



Lucy, Asha, Jackie, Imelda, Bahati, Allie, Janeth, Salama and Irene...

I have so many beautiful pictures but I just can't post them all, all thanks to our amazing photographer Jo Rubambe of Pixel Photography. I will however upload them to my facebook page so be sure to LIKE the page and keep an eye out.

Stay tuned for Honeymoon outfit pictures all the way from Beautiful Paris!!!

PS: incase you are an upcoming bride, my dress is now up for sell, if you are interested email me at anithanthony@gmail.com 





35 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anitha u looked wow! Everythoing is on pooiint... What hair is that, I'm an upcoming bride(this may) and would definately want to put that for my big day!

Anitha Anthony said...

Hey luv congratulations? Must be hectic now na maandalizi...the hair is virgin peruvian from Bongobeautyfix please check us out on instagram @bongobeautyfix and you can inquire through bongobeautyfix@gmail.com...its really beautiful hair u will love it for wedding n after.

Anonymous said...

Wow.. finally Anita the pics we have been waiting for.. u looked amazing simple and classic.. mhh the hair awesome too. Wishing u a blessed marriage.

zey said...

Oooh my dia, ulipendeza mnoooo,everything was on point, i luv the make up, i luv the dress, i luv eveeeeeeeeeeeeeeerything.

Anonymous said...

Ulipendeza mno Anitha, the wedding was classy..i love the pictures so so much..you are beautiful!Dinna

mymay said...

woman..! you are beautiful mashaallah

Anonymous said...

awww! cant wait to see the honeymoon pictures jamn! pendeza sana sana swtie!

Ni mimi mwenyewe mwala said...

wow....at last we saw the pics, precisely speaking ulipenda mno, sijui niiwekeje ila ulipendeza sana sana, everything was on point Annie, hongera kwa kufunga ndoa, I wish u maisha yenye furaha siku zote as ulivyo na tabasamu zuri kila nionapo picha zako. Mama wa wawili

Anonymous said...

Anitha,I admire you!!and did you mention going to paris 4 your honeymoon??uuuhh!!

Lu said...

heyyyyy Anitha, OMG! I am glad you changed your makeup artist, cause I bet the previous one for your kitchen party was def not glambox, not hating but I just wanna point out something so it can help the rest, the foundation or podwer they had used on you had a high SPF therefore with flash photography, the light bounces back living the picture looking ashy. you looked fab!!!!!!!! love you loads. Stay Blessed

Kenyan in Dar said...

Wow!!!! Most def it was a gorgeous wedding!!!!

You made a beautiful bride hon and your hubs is the luckiest!!!

God bless your marriage and enjoy yourselves!!

Anonymous said...

fantastic, i love everything.congrats dear.Happy marriage.

Anonymous said...

U luk awesome n ur hubby too jamani wanyambo oyee,i miss it,kila la heri my dear.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Anitha! Beautiful wedding! U looked stunning girl!

Anonymous said...

Hongera sana Anitha kwa harusi, ulipendeza, mumeo mzuri na yeye alipendeza sana
Ndoa ni kupendana, kuheshimiana, kuvuniliana na kusameheana. Tabasamu lako linaonyesha ni mtu mwenye upendo sana,mpende sana mumeo kwani upenso huzaa upendo, ukimpenda yeye atakupebda zaidi.
Kila la heri katika maisha haya mapya matamu ukitaka yawe matamu.
Emily Thorne

Anonymous said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaw what a beautiful bride, Hongera sana.

Anonymous said...

wow wow wow yaani sijui nisemeje mlipendeza mno the wedding was marvelous Mashallla h may god bless your familly

Irene said...

aahhwwww!! how bubbly the two of you look!! Mlipendeza saana, saaana! Oh my! Makes me wanna get married kesho!LOL! Seriously tho, you nailed it! every detail was perfect!
And Paris? uhh lalah!! Congs hun, wish you all the happiness in your marriage! Muaahhhzzz

Anonymous said...

Congrats neetah,picture nzuri...wat a perfect n cute smile darln...ulipendeza mpaka mwisho,everytn was on point....hongera sana

Anonymous said...

Hi anita Umependeza sana , ngozi yako ina copl nzuri sana unatumia nini dear

mayda said...

aisee.. ur smile baba.......
anitha, ulipendeza sana mami.. Mungu awalinde!

Anonymous said...

Hongera Anitha, kazi iliyobaki na inayokukabili sasa na kuendelea ni kutunza ndoa,nimefurahi kwamba kumbe wote mnatoka pamoja na mnajuana muda mrefu.Mungu awabariki sana.

Anonymous said...

ulipendeza saaaaana Anitha....
every thing on point....mpambaji nani? nimependa saaana kazi yake...and ur mapozi ktk picha.....mhh u rock gal.....lol
mdau USA

Anonymous said...

Congrats doll,ila were is it bby gal?cjamuona kwa pics jamani

Anonymous said...

Dear Anitha,
Thank you so much for sharing your special day with us!! You looked absolutely beautiful, the dress was so lovely, the minimal makeup-very classy, but it was your dazzling smile and obvious happiness that oozed out of every pore that made the pictures! Loved your colors, both the bright yellow roses in the church and the muted pinks at the reception. Was Alyssa a flower girl? Would have loved to see some pictures of her...hopefully something to look forward to in the facebook album!
Congratulations to you and your lucky husband, I wish you both a lifetime of happiness!
-MamaZoƫ

sasha siguen said...

hi dear! I just found your blog and I have to say I love it Congratulations on your beautiful nuptials!!!! you looked stunning!!!! Would you be interested in following each other via GFC and Bloglovin? I always return the follow...let me know
http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

umependeza sana Anitha
Mungu abariki ndoa yako upate amani katika maisha ya ndoa
Janetfashionscloset.blogspot.com

Agnes- Paper Designs said...

You really are a fashionista.. what don't i love..from the make-up to the hall decor..I'm impressed by your style..And i thank the photographer for a glimpse of my card!!

Agnes Paper designs

Elsa said...

At last withh all strike found my self to laugh..
Happy married lovie..

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful wedding. The months of planning and effort was really worth, everything looked awesome, especially you. I wish you all the best.


Flo from Germany

Anonymous said...

M in love with everything...mashallah

Anonymous said...

Mmmmh,am speechles annie,everythin was on point,simply tha best!! I luv everythin oooh!! Congrats daln!!

Beauty said...

Congratulations on your wedding; it was very beautiful.

Anonymous said...

So beautiful and so happy you changed your make up artist... you have such a beautiful skin and the nude make up was on point...super nice

Amor said...

Wow Anitha ulipendeza sana. I love the pictures they are soooooo classic. Jamani ninahitaji a photographer like that for my sendoff and wedding. Who is your photographer jamani??? Other than that I wish you many blessings in your wedded life, may it be full of marital bliss.
Some love from a TZ in the US