Thursday, February 21, 2013

Leso...

I don't know where I heard it, but I know there are people who used to or still refer to Khanga as Leso somewhere along the East African Coast...Zanzibar? Mombasa? or maybe it's one of those old swahili words that were lost somewhere in time...it's a very cool word..



Ben de LISI necklace ~ Viatuzi

Skirt and Blouse ~ made by Subira Wahure, Heels ~ ZARA via SassynClassy

I wish I had gotten better pictures of this look, my pphotographer today was an old security guard hahaha #bloggermadness so this was the best we could do...how I wish these Khanga za siku hizi didn't fade/bleed colour so easily after every wash *sigh*...someone told me I should rinse them in salty water to preserve the colour...too much work but I will give it a try...

These are some of the pieces done for me by Subira Wahure, check out her blog HERE who also made this kitenge blazer I wore HERE ...these are actually a blouse and skirt by the way not a dress! and they are made from two different Khanga's (Gifts from Mama), I loved these two vibrant girly prints so much I had to have them done and pair them together, and they blend so well!!! The blouse is actually this Khanga Peplum top worn in a previous post HERE...I just tucked in the Peplum part for today's look




14 comments:

fideliyn said...

Hi annitha hope u good am ur number one fan since I started visitin ur site have never get bored I real love ur styles me too I love clothes I love the way u mix clours I wish to meet u one day so as we can chat about fashion thnx

Kate said...

wow Anitha......

i like the outfit, the colours are awesome on you.....and loooooove the hair bun

and i need to know thaaaat diet you went on, i can see the results like snap!!!!!

xoxo

mandy said...

that bun!!!gwojaas(ashely davenport's voice)

Anonymous said...

Umependeza sana mama.ingekuwa rahisi kuolewa na wanaume zaidi ya mmoja ningejitosa na mimi.zile picha za juu umetoka sana yaani.Uko poaaaaaaaaa!! Mchumba wako anajivunia kukwangua kifaa kama wewe bibie.

Anitha Anthony said...

Awwww asante Fide...one day soon mah. You can email me at anithanthony@gmail.com luv

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahaa thank you Kate...for some reasons these pics make me slim a little of maybe its the heels effect...but i dont think i have lost any weight at all which is really furstrating ...i have stattrted running in the mornings so hope that will help

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahahahahahah thanks Mandy! I love Ashley..love her style on Revenge and that accent luv luv...btw do you know she also blogs? Check her blog out at www.ringmybell.blogspot.com...

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahahshah asante anony...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Ashley, I have been itching to tell you this, now I am watching revenge season two every monday from 8:30 to 9:30 South Australia time.. Amanda is pregnant and Emily is using her to talk to her baby sis.
I tried to open Ashley's blog but there are no post?!
Emily Thorne

Mandy said...

Yeah I follow her on instagram mostly,I love revenge they wear drop dead clothes.

Anitha Anthony said...

Emily ooohh I don't want to spoil it for u but uko nyumaaa so much has happenedd uuuh its kinda sad bsoooo exciting...my brorheer downloads tje episodes as they come out once a week so we are so far ahead now...Ashley still killing me with her stylish outfits........okay I can't resist...Amanda dies sob sob sob but kinda great since Emily can be with Jack again *evil* buhahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

Yeah, we are behind since they are showing only for 45 minutes only on monday. Amanda died? Am curious but I dont want us to fill the comments with something others do not understand. Maybe I will email you, when you have time you will tell me! Asante

Anonymous said...

the place were they call khanga lesso is Uganda

maureen bandari said...

that bun suits you and the outfit is well put together.love your blog.quick qtion,does viatuzi have an online store we can visit??

www.thefunshionmistress.blogspot.com