Monday, February 18, 2013

Kaleidoscope...






I'm wearing: Blouse ~ from mama, Skirt ~ Thrifted, Belt ~ thrifted, Shoes ~ ZARA patent leather peeptoes from Viatuzi


My Sunday best Church look :) found this amazing vintage skirt with the most adorable water colour paint print on it last week at Karume, together with this rich purple suede belt.

People always tell me that they go to Karume and never get anything, how do I get stuff? the thing is, I enjoy thrifting, I love the process and the challenge, I especially love going mitumbani when am having a bad day, it helps me clear my head or late afternoon after work when they are closing, I find it easier to see things when they are being counted and packed (they count each piece of clothing left before closing for the night!!) There are days I leave Karume with bags full of stuff and days like last week were I left with just two plastic bags that had two amazingly beautiful handbags (mama has already taken one, it was that good *sigh*), this lovely skirt, two blouses and two belts...I never buy stuff that's already damaged and I check everything thoroughly before I take it, I check for stains (that can't be removed) and tear's (that can't be fixed kwa fundi) and I always keep an open mind of how an item such as a dirty bag will look after a little cleaning and if it's cheap enough that in case it doesn't get better I can just throw it away without feeling like I have wasted my money...

The key to better thrifting is Quality and not Quantity, have a sharp keen eye for details you like for example I like bright colours, ruffles and ties so whenever something catches my eyes in a pile I grab and pull (I never buy hanged clothes at Karume, I prefer the table piles) and lastly dont be lazy enjoy the process...

you can't built up a great wardrobe in a day, buy good pieces slowly and with care and you will have a timeless well stocked wardrobe that will serve you well but since you are a girl you will still complain that you have the "I have nothing to wear days" we are who we are after all LOL...



6 comments:

Tatyana Mengsen said...

Hello Anitha,
Beautiful blog and wonderful posts.... super stylish and chic. I'm your new stalker ;).

misstatybliss.blogspot.com
p.s. wanna follow each other?

Elsa said...

Nice one..

Dorothy said...

Pls, share na sisi diet yakp.I really want to loose 10 kgs my dear.Love u

Anitha Anthony said...

Hey Taty...thank you and welcome. I love ur blog! You got me seriously thinking abt Dubai...yes please let's do follow each other...

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Elsa...please inbox me facebook....

Anitha Anthony said...

Dororthy my dear I think its the camera lense onanifanya kionekane slim yani I haven't lost a songle kilo yet sob sob...nimeanza mazoezi tena . Luv you too hun :)