Thursday, December 6, 2012

The Midas Touch...

hope your week is going great guys!!

I have been in such a holiday mood the whole week, every day feels like a Friday, I have also been wearing a lot of colours too lately...'tis the season after all!! joy to the world!!

Last weekend my office threw an end of the year staff party at Coral beach on the garden...let me tell you these heels were not meant for walking on grass, I almost broke my flippin' ankles on the uneven soggy ground, plus my stilletos got chipped, we were so wobbly that almost every girl in heels tripped on grass, it was very funny really I had to lean on someone to cross the grass LOL, anyways it was blast and we had so much fun, we even had an after party dancing the night away at Mafian! and plus guess who won best dressed female staff!? yeaaah babies that's right yours trully meee!! :D granted everyone looked fabulous and I was deeply flattered to win my new west point dry iron :D which is quite handy since I now don't have to queue with the rest of the fam in the morning much to their relief LOL...




This is what I wore to the party...a whole lotta shiny gold!!...hence the tittle...the Midas touch...in reference to king Midas who loved gold so much that he wished everything he touched would turn to gold am assuming you read story books when you were a kid here, and if you didn't do a quick google search LOL...Gold it's also my favourite colour tone and metal, next to black. now what does one wear to an office party!? since it's my first party here I had to ask around to know what's the dress code like, the card said "dress to Impress" but what does that mean really? so after I got an idea of what people usually wear I picked this outfit. I stuck to my signature pencil skirts, blazer and sky high heels, kept the look formal but not too formal, fun, chic with a hint of sexy...I'm crazy in love with this little peplum skirt from Mr.Price, I saw one of my BBM friends wearing it and I fell in love and when I asked her I couldn't believe that it's from Mr.Price and went there last week and luckily found it in my size. I wore my Lipsy silk gold corset top that I got from Bongo shopaholic, my metallic gold belt from Tandika (I loooove it! got it for TZS 1,500/- say bargain!!!), my cocktail ring (old) and earrings (still available) are also from Mr.Price, My envelope clutch is Atmosphere from sassy and classy (a BBM store) but you can get an almost similar bag in pu-leather at Viatuzi (mine is velvet and it's sold out) and you already know these shoes from Zara I blogged about them HERE, I love wrapping a blazer on my shoulder like that, I feel very chic when I do that like am in the streets of paris heading to some runway show or something LOL, the gold blazer is from MARENE makumbusho.




I did my own hair...I love how easy to manage braids are...would you like a tutorial on how to do this hair style on your own at home? let me know!




I'm wearing: Lipsy gold corset top ~ Bongo shopaholic, Black peplum pencil skirt ~ Mr.Price, Gold mettallic belt ~ thrifted, Earrings and cocktail ring ~ Mr.Price, Atmosphere Clutch and Zara heels ~ Sassy n Classy, Gold blazer ~MARENE


PS:dont mind my shiny sweaty face...I suck at makeup LOL!



18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stunning!

MissGlo' said...

You look gorgeous!! Totally on point-title well deserved! Love the nail polish too :-)

Anonymous said...

j'adore.....you deserve the title

Anonymous said...

Awesome.. Beautiful... Honger sana..x
Emily Thorne

Anonymous said...

umependeza sana anitha in love you and ur style
mama elsie

Anonymous said...

u deserved it mamie...ulipendeza sana. Mi nasubiria hiyo tutorial,mwenyewe ni fan wa braids!

Anonymous said...

i love gold,u luk great in gold girl,u deserve ma switie

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm hongera sana mama!! kiukweli ulitokeza Anitha,uko sawa kabisaaaaaa!!Naamini hata mchumba wako utakuwa unamuweka sopusopu ukishatinga ndani tayari.

Anonymous said...

Wewe bibie unastahili kufanya kazi katika ofisi ya Rais.Wageni wake wanapofika hapo wakukute wewe kabla hawaingia kwa Rais.Tabasamu lako tu ni la kiungwana na nidhamu sana.Siku ukiolewa nitakuja kuwatembelea nyumbani ili nione tu kama nyumbani kutafanana na jinsi ninavyokuona huku nje.Hongera sanaaaaaa kwa ushindi.

mamie said...

nyc mrembo..i love how u arrange urself. unavaa vizuri, simple but mwaaaah..not very expensive but u look ex pe E!

mi love u

NB:tutorial class please.mi love da hair do

Lilly said...

Hafai kufanya kazi kwa rais wageni wooote wataishia reception wasahau hata kama walienda kumuona rais, anafaa kuwa mke wa rais, yaani mi bila hata kuona wengine walivaaje tayari nakupa kura ya ndio, big up ur hubby is lucky to have such a smart,classy n beutiful woman

Anonymous said...

u look super chic Anitha! and you are so beautiful. i love the look. hongera sana and Happy holidays.. kisses!

Anonymous said...

Awesome Anitha!!love the look please tuwekee hiyo tutorial ya nywele me nitashukuru sana mana rasta ndio staili yangu kubwa ya nywele na huku ninakoishi I have to pay the fortune kusukwa they are dam expensive
Thanks Anitha

Anonymous said...


You look stunning mammy,i love the hair do please assist me na noumber ya msusi wako would like to do that hair do. Thanks waiting for your respond.

Anonymous said...

You look wooow mpenzi wangu. kip it up hop ata nyumba itakuwa suparb kwa usafi

Anonymous said...

I love everything u wore! you absolutely killed it!

How do i join this bbm group sassy and classy group?

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks anony...hizi nimesuka saloon karibu na nyumbani kijichi and aliyenisuka ni mdada mwenye hiyo saloon so lazima akusukia hapo hapo huku akihudumia wateja wengine so it takes a long time kumaliza, I prefer going to Mwenge kwa wasusi kusuka so I don't have any msusi's numBer whoever is free does my hair I just show them a pic of what I want or if I don't have a style I just look around there and pick one.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments :D

Xoxoest

Anitha