Thursday, November 1, 2012

Mahari Day...

Hey Dolls,


I just got pictures of the mahari day from the photog and who better to share one of the happiest moments in my life than with you my lovely readers...this is just a few of the pics...

It was a small family affair done at home with close family and friends. I thought you would like to see a little bit of what goes on when a "Nyambo" girl gets engaged and in case you are wondering who are the Wanyambo (I get this question all the time *sigh*) Wanyambo are from Kagera region, Karagwe to be exact and no we are not wahaya but we sort of speak the same language except for a few words, Kagera has a bunch of tribes in it so we are not all wahaya but for the sake of avoiding long explanations we let it slide LOL.
The Groom entourage making their entrance with the dowry items covered in majani ya mgomba, Kanzu is a respectable attire in Kagera worn by Men during things like this.

The dude on the Mkeka is the mshenga, stating his business to my father (The amused man in the cream shirt LOL) and my cousins and nephews.

Then they present the Whiskey, in the village it would have been Gongo, LOL!

One of my brothers is called to taste if the liquor is up to standards, the reason everyone is sooo very amused here is cause my dearest younger brother doesn't drink alcohol at all LOLest!

Then comes the Mahari stuff, my Oldest cousin Bruno checking off things on the checklist that they had given to the mshenga previously. Its mostly gifts to the members of my family from uncles, to aunties, my brothers, mother and father.

oh and some cash! :D and nope I don't get any!

Then after the mahari has been received and approved, the Fiance is invited in to be seen and greet the family (that's my Rey <3 :d=":d" future="future" hubster="hubster" nbsp="nbsp">

and the fun beggins LOLest, I swear this is just so embarrassing and not to mention it was very hot and I sweat so much when am nervous...my Aunt brings me in now to be shown to the inlaws but am supposed to be covered along with a couple of my friends (Thank you guys) and the groom has to pay my Aunt (the lady in Kente) any amount she wants to be allowed to pick which one of the covered girls is me and each mistake is Cash fined!

it was too funny, poor guy had no clue whatsoever!

so the mshenga guy was like kohoa basi tukufahamu and Fortu my crazy friend coughed buhahahahaha!!!

Finally got me on second attempt, yeeey!!

sweating, nervous and so very happy!

from left Aunt Josephine, Happy, Fortu, Me, Lucy, Kanaeli and Bahati...

so after the formalities are done, its time for the ring!!!!



Ta-daaaaa!! I love love love love love my ring, its just so very me :D !!!


Then it was done, officially engaged! happy kids :D !!








awwwwwww LOL...!! You know am super happy when I let out my big gummy smile and my dimple comes out :D



So glad I got at least a few pics of my outfit, in my usual zima-moto fashion, I had no idea what I was going to wear until Tuesday last week while the mahari was on Sunday. Recently two large evening wear thrift stores have opened along my way home so I have been stopping by once in while and I spotted this dress! Yep this gorgeous dress is thrifted and cost as much as my earrings :D TZS 30K!! the fit was great, except I wasn't sure I wanted to wear gold since my ring is white gold I wanted to wear something pastel like pink, but with time not on my side I decided to take it, I had it altered a bit on the waist area and since it was too long I had it cut as well, got it dry cleaned fasta fasta on Saturday and it was ready in the evening. I then got these big beautiful earrings from Maya Vintage which complemented the dress perfectly, did my own simple makeup nothing usual and kept everything else simple and plain...my goal was an elegant but simple look since it was a home thing and I like how it turned out!!





73 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm ur big fun! Never commented b4, not here or any blog.
But had to do it today, I'm happy for you. Wishing you all the best in life.

Anonymous said...

Wow! simple and classy! congrats my dear wish you all the best

Anonymous said...


Congrats my dear Anitha,it was simple and gud,m mearange vizuri,umependeza sana,mama Rukoijo nae alipendeza kweli,vipi mbona sijamuona Mzee Rukoijo hakuwepo?but ali in all hongera sana.

Lilian Tarimo

Anonymous said...

Congrats Anitha!!!i can just see how in love u guys are!!!U looked stunning,yaani just perfect!Nakutakia kila lakheri in ur wedding preparations..can't wait for the kp,sendoff and wedding pics!Kama nakuona utakavyopendeza!hongera sana

Says,
juju

Anonymous said...

hongera sana ma dear ulipendeza sana thou ndo mara yangu ya kwanza kutoa comment humu but always huwa napitia, mwenyezi mungu akutangulie katika safari inayoendelea akupe furaha na penye vigingi apasawazishe. Amina

Anonymous said...

Anitha!!

What good news and very beautiful pics!! And ua E-ring is an absolute beauty!!

Congratulations hon and may God keep showering His blessings on you.

Keep us posted on the wedding preps, I know it will be a knockout, what with your sense of style!

Can't say more than congratulations na Mungu akuzidishe na awaongeze in your new journey!

xxx

Anonymous said...

WOw Anitha, gorgeous.. congratulations. you look really happy.. God bless your every move towards your wedding and happily ever after
ps. thought you wore red like Emily Thorne lol

Anonymous said...

mmmmh...lovely

congratulations baby gal!

Anonymous said...

Anithaaaaaaaaa!! umependezajeeeeeeeee!! Hongeraaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! wasichana wenzako watapasuka msamba wakiingia humu.Hiyo ilikuwa ya aina yake.Mungu akupe uhai na uzima katika nyakati zote zijazo pamoja na mchumba wako.Asante sana kwa kutupa picha hizo tukaona mambo mazuri hayo.Mimi mwanaume namuonea wivu mwenzangu,lakini namuombea baraka zoteee.Ningekuwa naoa sasa ningefuata kadesturi hako.

Anonymous said...

HONGERA MAMI SO HAPPY FOR U , WHERE MY LYSSA AT??

EMMY

Anonymous said...

wow! wow! wow! congratulations baby girl! u looked chic. beautiful couple! Mungu awatangulie..xoxo

Anonymous said...

Oh I forgot to mention how stunning you looked, have you ever felt like Gabrielle Solis when you shop? I dont mean you like expensive things no, its just the look on your face when you see something you've just fallen in love with on the spot. Keep up the good work, currently the blog is my favourite. Hivi kwa babu ni wapi tena? Nielekeze aii wewe seriously hahahaa
Sue the neighbour.

Anonymous said...

hongera sn anitha.

Johar

Anonymous said...

anitha huyo alieku-engage ni baba wa mwanao? just asking

Anonymous said...

congratulations you guys look so cute together .... and sooo very young!! by the way how did you two meet? and how long have you known each other? just courious cause I think you are a well matched couple. all the best on your preparations:)

Bridget said...

I love U Anitha.....i love everything about you.God Bless you

Anonymous said...

Awwww...congratulations Anitha,and wow the Ring is soo beautiful...Best of Luck!

Anonymous said...

congratulations beautiful one, you look just perfect. and i wish all the best and happiness in ur life.GOOD GIRL

Anonymous said...

Luvly ANITHA u rocked mumy...am a fun of ur blog...plssss can i know where u did ur nails...i luv them.
Stay blessed.

Claritta said...

that was all great..hongera once again lovie

Anonymous said...

my dear anita

nakutakila kila la heri mpenzi katika mchakato uliounza mind u kuna challenge nyingi keep on prying everyday my dear.

nimependa it waz exctly like mine, huwa nashangaa mahari msichana anavaa sare na mchumba as if waslishakubaliwa but you did it perfect dear simple but nice not like others they do complacate and its becomes complicated too

be blesssed


Nyabo

tunny said...

i can hear wedding bells,LoL...how i love kula ubwabwa wa harusi hata uko karagwe ntakuja.!!
many many congrats mydia one,wishing u a very happy life.xoxo

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you anony...!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Je, huyo ndiye mzazi mwenzio wa huyo cute baby wako?

Anonymous said...

i like u anitha
u have my young sisiez name, no wonder i like u much!
bt u r so real n down to earth..keep the good spirit,,congrats n wish u the very best.

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante Lily...mzee Rukoijo ni huyo aliyekaa na amevaa a cream shirt hapo pembeni...mama alikuwa amekaa huko pembeni kabisa huyo aliyevaa kitenge ni Aunt yangu mkubwa sio mama.

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante Juju!

Anitha Anthony said...

Amina...Asante sana anony!

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante sana...

Xx

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahaha thanks doll...maybe on the sendoff ;)) season two is getting hot hot Emily is ging dark scaryyy!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you.

Anitha Anthony said...

LoL asante sana.

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante Emmy...alikuwepo around na dada zake akishangaa with no idea of what's going on.

Anitha Anthony said...

Amen...thank you!

Anitha Anthony said...

LoL thanks Sue...yes I go crazy when I see something sOmething I like hahaha...itabidi uje home nikuelekeze kwa babu sio mbali na CCm lakini opposite Tesha bar next to the

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante Johar!

Anitha Anthony said...

:) ni baba yake now not by blood but by virtue.

Anonymous said...

Hongera sana Anitha!!
..Lovely!!..i like everything

JM

Anonymous said...

Anitha i am so happy for you doll....i love seeing someone is happy...hongera baby doll

Mariam

Anonymous said...

looking forward to your send off and season 2.

Anonymous said...

Excellent answer Anitha.. I respect guys like your Rey...

Anonymous said...

Anitha am so happy 4u,God bless u.



linna

prude K said...

hey Nitha, so lovely and gorgy, you and the groom to be plus everybody at home. Hongera, thanks for all details of the day, especially about your tribe, all those years i didn't know you were Nyambo.May be i heard these from someone but i didn't pay attention...i see mzee Rukuijo, still young and strong, but i didn't see your mom, i can see some family members are missing too, but i was going to be so happy to see her, maybe she was busy....you know mama mwenye nyumba tena. Gauniiiiii, zuri sana, wewe ni fashionista hasa! kila siku ni una idea nzuri sana. Kisses

your sis said...

Anitha Hongera sana yani umenikumbusha siku ya mahari yangu mdogo wangu mpaka kichozi kimenitoka wazee wa kinyambo walichachamaa kijana wa watu alikuwa hajui hata mila basi we ila walimuonea huruma .jasho llilikuwa linamtoka mie nilikuwa natetemeka dah safi sana nakupa hongera tena
haya mgole sasa twasubiri za harusi na send off najua hutatuangusha wanyambo.
yani katika kitu ninachopendaga kuona wababa wamevaa vile kanzu zao na makoti

Anitha Anthony said...

Awwww thank you Bridget!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks anony!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks anony...we are old family friends so we know each other from way back...but we have been dating for over a year now :)

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you :)

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks anony...I got my nails done at American Nails kinondoni! Its a small saloon near TX market not far from makaburini.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Claritta!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you Nyabo!

Anonymous said...

Wanyambo tuko juu. Hongera sana dear, MUNGU akakusimamie katika mipango yako yote, na ndoa yako ikawe ya baraka tele. MUNGU akawabariki wewe, mwanao na mume wako mtarajiwa, mkawe familia bora ya mfano. AMEN.

sepprise joseph said...

Hongera sana kipenzi... May the LORD bless u two...

Anonymous said...

congrats anitha. im a fan of your blog too bt had never commented before. im very happy for you. cheers...ike

Anonymous said...

awwww, Anitha this is soooo beautiful. OMG congrats girl, u look soo happy.

Mungu awabariki in your marriage life.

Kisses,
Marene

Anonymous said...

you r such a dear blogger to me!!may Jesus bless u and keep u and ur fiance safe till the big day...he is a lucky man to have u our charming blogger!!

Zay N. said...

Im so happy for ya mamii, may God bless u and Rey. ulipendeza, simple and classic.. Mungu akulindie familia yako iwe na amani na upendo utawale milele.

ummy said...

am super happy for u annie, all the best many congssss.

Anonymous said...

SIJAWAHI KUKOMENTI HUWA NAINGIA KUSHANGAA HONGERA MWAYA HOLLA FROM MWANZA
JANET

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Tunny...

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante sana Prude jamani...kweli mama alikuwa busy maana hayuko kabisa mwenye picha zote.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Janet.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Ummy...

Anitha Anthony said...

He is now :)

Anitha Anthony said...

Awwww thank you!!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you JM...

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahahahahaha duh kwa kweli asante Sis!

Diana said...

Hongera sana Anitha. I'm your fun and I'm really happy for you. I mean really happy.

toxeeqation said...

Oo Hongera Sana babes..Busy with motherhood bt nikasema nichungulie..hongera sana and all the best in the coming events.

mdigo said...

hongera sana anitha

mama said...

hongera sana

Anonymous said...

Im happy for you!

May god put his hand on your coming dayz...

Kila la kheri sana

Always
Dottie!