Friday, November 16, 2012

Flash Back Friday...

Hey dolls,

So while I was going through my photo archives for some blog worthy pictures I found some old pictures of me back in the pre-mama Alyssa days and I couldn't help feel a little depressed while I shoved the last remaining pieces of Chips on my plate into my mouth LOL...


This picture was actually taken in 2009 and I was about a few day pregnant here, but my camera date was a bit behind and I had no idea how to change the date. Oh Please Don't mind the car aka "Maria" she was/is my first car and I had to take a picture with her LOL and name her...just had to clear that one up I don't take car photos, this was a special occasion LOL

now how tiny was my waist? can you believe I use to complain that I was fat then? I did have a little belly then that was driving me crazy LOL. Its amazing how in only three years my weight has fluctuated this much. But looking back at these at least I see what I was and what I want to get back to...I don't want to be skinny because quite frankly I love my curves LOL...so maybe a couple of kilos off, a toned belly (a flat one will be asking for too much, I have never had one even before the baby LOL), I want to get my slimmer arms back and get my back toned and strapless dress appropriate...there's nothing I admire more than a toned back, shoulders and arms on a strapless or backless dress, I'm terrified of squeezed up spillage on top than I am of a big belly,  nowadays every time I do a strapless dress I check the back and I say nah heck no not doing it! I mean I can tolerate the arms but the upper back I just can't oh no no no...




This is how I looked after I got back to work from my maternity leave thanks to Atkins diet and one hour of aerobics three times a week.

Good Spanks do wonders! :D


Now I know I should really be preaching about self love just the way we are and we should love ourselves in our current forms, and truth be told even when I was smaller I still wasnt satisfied with my weight and wished I was smaller this and smaller that and honestly women are just never satisfied with their bodies except for the very (veeery) few that are just born perfecto if theres even such a thing LOL

...but if it was at all possible and in our means to be better without liposuction (although I must admit that would be a quicker option, sucking it all out where I don't want it and leaving it where I want it ;)) LOL) then we should...So I hear by challenge you my dear readers with weight dilemma's kama mimi to send me your before pictures and after pictures of how you look now and where you want to be and then we start a program together I need a support group fellow carb-crack heads so we can do it together my motivation is my upcoming wedding and I want a 30inch waist. Or if you have managed to shed your weight also send me before and after pictures and how you managed it so we can be inspired! What do you say? are you up for it? email me at anithanthony@gmail.com




Happy weekend Dolls,

20 comments:

tunny said...

goood old memories..well,it is never too late u will get ur 30 inch waist back before the wedding..i will be here to encourage you, motivate u en way i can mydia..anza kwa kuweka picha somewhere like on ur bedside, dinning,ol over the place of the size you want to be before the wedding ili iwe inakupa moyo n it will be ur constant reminder of what ur doing...

Anonymous said...

i love that idea my dear yani ulikuwa bomba sana i will show you where i was then after gym and a lot of starving ,but now nimejiachia kidogo no gym ila siri kivilee sivutii tena ntakuwa nawe katika hii ishu

Anonymous said...

You are such an inspiration . love you

Elsa said...

Old memory..

Am in toooo...

Anonymous said...

ho what a memory I like the picture you took after martenity leave you were perfect what happened after that then , i thought you gained weight after you got the baby, any way if you could return to that shape its perfect , i have 2 kids , have that shape its possible dear chunga what u eat n excercise thats all, wish u all the best , now your shape makes u Too short dear

Anonymous said...

i love your secind photo, i love how you tacked in that shirt, yani its a normal shirt, kama nimeielewa vizuri lakini jinsi ulivyoichomekeza imekaa kistylish, very creative. you are beatiful, with curves and without curves,

Anonymous said...

Hi! Am thirty three married with two kids. It's just that sometimes I feel so down about my self and sense of style. I dress like an old lady now that I have found your blog I think I will change a bit. It's not that I don't have money it's that am not an outgoing person and my taste on clothes is bad. I want to change. To feel 33 . Please advise on how to do that and from where to start. Thanx

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Tunny...I will really push myself this time.

Anitha Anthony said...

Awwww thanks anony...much love to you!

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Elsa.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks anony...I will stick to the prOgram push harder to get back to my old self.

Anitha Anthony said...

Asante anony :D hiyo ni shirt dress sikuweza chomekea yote so I crOssed it and tucked the ends only.

Anitha Anthony said...

Hey mama...don't feel down luv, it happens email me at anithanthony@gmail.com and I will let you know how tO get started.

Anonymous said...

I real like the second photo.Its mwaaaaaaaaah. Ila can u change your English a little bit jamani. Yani napenda blog yako sana ila the way you expressing things here, some times i don't understand. Or I can say i understand bt a bit compare to other blogs which use english. At the first i thought am the only one ambaye sielewe elewe vile ila tupo weeeeeeeeeengi. Just an advice dear. Good blog and keep it up..

Anitha Anthony said...

Hello Anony...thank you for the feedback I really appreciate this...but clarify it a bit for me is it too complicated? Or too random?

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love your blog! I check in every day to see what's new! Love you. Your great. you look so nice especially the second photo. Waiting to see how you would loose those few kilos your longing for but you are just fine the way you are. When you loose them you should share with us how you did it. Stay blessed! And all the best in your upcoming wedding.

Anonymous said...

Hello Anitha, am the one who wrote abt lugha hapa. Its not random exactly bt i can say its complicated. Not a simple english. Naona kama unatumia English ya kiseminari vile..LOL. On top of that kuna sehemu yakuweka full stop ila utakuta hujaweka so msomaji anashindwa kuelewa meaning ya sentence. Thats ol dia na thanx for the response. Muaaaah.

Anitha Anthony said...

Hey mama...don't feel down luv, it happens email me at anithanthony@gmail.com and I will let you know how tO get started.

Anitha Anthony said...

Awww sweet :D...Thank you anony..

Anitha Anthony said...

Hahahaha English ya seminari...oooops on the missing full stops that's one thing I have the biggest trouble using. I write as I speak with sentences overflowing each other LoL...will try to make it easier for you love. Thanks for the feedback. Xoxo