Thursday, October 25, 2012

Birthday Suit...

Hey dolls,

Guess what? Yesterday was my birthday!!!!! yeeeeey!! I find it super cool that my birthday and my daughter's are only nine days apart, if only she had hold on in there a little longer LOL.

I'm now officially 29 years old, a year shy from the dreaded 30 *deep sigh* Goodbye sweet twenties I had blast, wish I could be turned into a vampire and stay 29 forever now that would be awesome except for the part about drinking peoples blood ewwww creepy LOL (currently watching Vampire Diaries season 3, so far so very Good!!) random. Otherwise I have no regrets, I didn't blow any candles I think that would have been one too many candles on the cake LOL but I did make lots of happy wishes and lots of Thanks giving prayers, God has been good to be over the years and am very thankful! I celebrated very low key as usual...got treated to lunch at Serena by a good friend, she and the boyfriend who is out of town had been working on my birthday all week without me knowing and I always know haa! it's not easy to surprise me LOL and am usually terrified I may not like the surprise (am a control freak and a bit OCD sometimes can't help it) so this was a sweet surprise and I absolutely loved it...Thank you Beatrice and Rey for making my day that extra special and for everyone who took time to wish me a Happy Birthday all over the social networks I appreciate the love...



I got these beauties sitting pretty on my desk...




Cake Cake Cake...deliciously soft, moist and crunchy just the way I like it.


Note to self: always take outfit pictures BEFORE eating NOT after an all-you-can-eat-buffet especially when wearing a dress like this hahaha I was sooo full sucking it in was impossible!


  





I'm wearing: Dress ~ Thrifted (Old), Shoes ~ ALDO from Viatuzi, Watch ~ Montine via Emirates, Leather studded Cuff ~ ebay Lookbook store, Handbag ~ VJ Collections

I have been saving this dress for a special occasion and it doesn't get any special than my birthday hahaha! I loooooooooooooooove this dress!! the beautiful mustard yellow colour, the gold buttons and the very Victoria Beckham cut ooh la la it's just super chic and classy with the buttons adding a hint of edginess! Now if I told you that I got this dress from Tandika, in perfect condition and for less than one thousands TZS about two years ago would you believe me? because that would be the honest truth, I really really love my cheap thrills treasure hunts...the gold buttons are in perfect condition not scratched or faded at all! and I have it dry cleaned to make sure they stay that way...Here's a little tip, no matter how cheap you bought something give it the care it deserves, if the label behind says dry clean only then by all means dry clean it,even if dry cleaning ten times more than the dress it self which is usually the case with me hahaha.

Because my dress was already loud on it's own with the bright yellow colour and the gold buttons and the fact that my hair extensions are super long, I chose to keep my accesories very simple with only my watch and my chunky studded cuff and black pumps...no earrings or necklace. as much as I love being a bit over the top sometimes, there's a thin line between over the top and just plain tacky!

Happy Long Weekend!


17 comments:

pinkcess said...

I must say I loooove ur dress,its very sophisticated n age appropriate..Happy Birthday once again..Mwaah!

Judith nassaazi said...

u look really nice dear, i hope u had a blast on yo b.day....

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday jamani, am anon but ninavyo kupenda acha tu

chubie said...

i think am getting addicted to ur blog, so happy to see u can openly discuss ur tandika trips...
u r dress is too sweet am actualy thinkn of visiting th area cough cough!
hbd mama alyssa

Destiny said...

Happy 29th birthday to you, you look so pretty in mustard, lovely on you.

Anonymous said...

Happy bday

Anonymous said...

Happy B/Day Anitha.Umependezaje na hiyo yellow jamani?Leo umetupa na mgongo angalau roho yangu imeridhika jamani maana hapo nyuma pamekaa vizuri sana na ukiangaia na mbele basi bomba ile mbaya.Hongera for turning 29 yrs.Mungu akupe miaka mingi zaidi.

Anonymous said...

Hongera kwa Birth daya yako.Umetoka vizuri na hilo gauni mama.Hapo mgongoni hadi matakoni na miguu vimechukuana vizuri sana na nguo imekuweka sawa kabisa.Umependeza bibie!!

valeria said...

hallo Anitha dear,you are looking very beautiful, the dress is amaizing ,is it really below one thou? sasa na mimi will start kwenda Tandika. Happybelated birthday,wishing you all lucky and success throughout your entire life.
says
Valeria

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmmm wewe mrembo kiboko du!! Hongera kwa B/d yako ya kutimiza miaka 29.Umekuwa mzuriiiiiiiiii

Elsa said...

Happy birthday mumyyy..

Anitha Anthony said...

Thank you all so much!

xoxoest!

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday Dear!

Anitha Anthony said...

thank you!!

Anonymous said...

looking super chic.. love love loooooove the look! happy belated birthday Anitha..xoxo!

La Princessa said...

IF u hadnt said u were 29, i woulda never known...you look 16ish! *gasps*

Anonymous said...

Hi! Am 33 years old mama with two kids your just an inspiration in style. Your simple and yet elegant. When I'm down and lost a sense of fashion. I always look in your blog then am ok. Thanks for making my day.