Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Tender Loving Care...

Hello lovelies,

we are having a slow week here eeh? my bad...Elsa am working on your wardrobe essentials post so don't strike luv it's comings soon...am also doing a couple of  hush hush projects and not so hush hush that I can't wait to tell you about :D soon so watch this space.




Now I don't know about you, but nothing makes me feel super fresh and clean and classy like white. I love wearing white with softer but vibrant fresh colours like this Orange-y shirt dress, added the Orange belt in a sharper tone with Gold hardware. Since my outfit was already very laid back I spiced it up with bold gold accessories that complemented the belt, a neutral bag and my new nude pumps from Viatuzi that I got on the same day :D 









I'm wearing: orange shirt dress ~ thrifted, White Mid Skirt ~Thrifted, Belt ~Bounght in china, Gold cuff bracelet ~ Asos.com, Camel Handbag ~ ZARA, Ring ~Vjs Collections, Nude heels ~ MIA via Viatuzi September collection, Earrings (modified) ~ Mr.Price

I recently found another kibanda in my neighbourhood that sells some weird things that I love like this Mid white skirt which I got for a measly TZS 1,500/- somebody say Bargaaaiiin!! it's just perfect! the material is even better it looks like linen but its lighter and its not mission impossible trying to iron it Bonus! i got a couple of cute things from there and I can't wait to wear them.
Let me give you a couple of tips about Thrifting/ Kusagura
1. Don't expect too much!

Yes most people go with a ton of money kusagura expecting to buy a ton of stuff at a go that they will be wearing for a whole year through...I say that is a big mistake...you will end up with a lot of nguo zilizochakaa a not so hot mess so to say or nothing at all. Thrifting for me is a hobby and something I do to relax but I'm VERY particular about what I will buy, if it's damaged No thanks, had polyester balls all over it No, nyuzi zimevutika No, really bad elastine material No-No...just cause ni mtumba doesn't mean it has to look like it in a bad way!! I thrift at time of the day and anywhere well except Ilala I don't feel Zen-y there. If i get two good blouses or even one am happy, there will be other days so be patient!

2. Do Keep an Open Mind,


okay My second rule contradicts the first a bit. When I say keep an open mind I mean always visualise when thrifting how a certain thing will look with a little TLC (Tender Loving Care for my non IM friends :D) if you find something you love but it has a stain check if it can be cleaned, can you bleach it? or just take it to the dry cleaners! Yes the dry cleaners...there are times I but something for less than a TZS 1000 and I pay TZS 5000 to dry clean it because I see it's worth and it's about the price I paid for it. If you find something without a zipper that's easy to fix kwa fundi juma kitaa, missing buttons all these are easy to fix, you may also find something with a ripped seam or side just check if it's reparable with your fundi. There are times you find something you don't like but you love the fabric and the pattern get it and take it to the fundi to make something you like, my mother does that.

4 comments:

Elsa said...

Love that combo.. Orange, black or brown went well with gold

Wow! Thats was perfect, I always tell my friend to buy things if u think u can repair it, but they think am insane.

And you CEO don't think to pamper me with the word "love don strike will do it soon" Ur dreaming, thats word doesn't work to me. I want it as it nowwwwwwwwwwwww..

Cynthia said...

Clean n sassy!!
No more comments ......
XOXO!

Anitha Anthony said...

LoL...okay okay Elsa.

Anitha Anthony said...

Thanks Cynthia!