Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Repeat offender...

Hey my lovelies,

I went to a friend's send off party this Sunday...and it suddenly occurred to me that I really don't go out much to weddings and sendoffs but now that most of my friends are getting married am beginning to see that I need to start shopping for formal party/cocktail dresses because I have so very few of them.Take yesterday for example, I spent the whole day looking for something to wear, finally settled on two options, and then when it was time to get ready I realised I hated both options, flung open my cupboard looking for something I may like there are days I hate everything in my closet and goo OH-eM-gOSH nothing to wear...anyways in my desperation with time running out I saw this dress that I had forgotten about Haaaaa I bought this dress in China last year I initially wanted to sell it but ended up keeping it instead and I hadn't worn it, it even still had its tags on!! Then came the anxiety that it wont fit eish and yes it was too tight urghhh but the outside material was stretchy which meant the lining was tight but not the dress so I did what I usually do when faced with such dilemma...I rip the lining of the dress at the back, put the dress on perfect fit except for the boob area which was way too huge...had to pin it give it to dada to rush to my fundi to fix it up real quick and I was ready to go.

I'm wearing: Dress ~ from China, Atmosphere Envelop clutch ~ SassynClassy, choker ~ from Uhindini very old, Gold cuff bracelets ~ Asos buy them HERE, Pink nude shoes ~ Asos buy them HERE
I 'm a big believer that when you are invited to someones party try not to go over the top unless you are family of course...mermaid dresses with trains, tails and sequins and stones all over are big no-no ladies, unless you are invited to some ball, or a Kardashian  wedding, keep it simple and chic, look good but never dramatic or over the top, the attention should be on the bride and the bride alone and am not just saying that because I didnt have anything to wear LOL.  
 
 Since I came back late from the sendoff, I was so dead tired, woke up late on Monday morning and didn't have time to think about what to wear so I wore the same dress ( Yes I showered hahahaha) added a blazer and a thin belt, wore these pink/nude pumps and I was office ready. I already hate my hair its so much work than I would have expected short hair style to be...I need to sleep with a scarf and curl it in the morning too much work...The bangs were too long and poking my eyes so I cut them off a bit myself and I think I completely messed it up. 



studded bangle from Sabasaba, Montine watch, bracelets from Mr.Price, Bag from Bongo Shopaholics




Black blazer ~ from China, Belt ~ Diva sparks, pumps from Asos.com buy them HERE
so there you have it my lovelies...same dress from night to day with just a bit of minor changes, get more use out of your clothes and recycle them for different occasions...or you can hire me to help give you a hand in organising your wardrobe, f interested inbox me on my email at anithanthony@gmail.com or on facebook page.

xoxo

Anitha

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

..nothing to say..i smile and....

JM!

Anonymous said...

pendeza sana mummy,napenda sana unavyopangilia mavazi yako.
lily

Elsa said...

I got same behaviour of repeated my church dress on monday in the office. Let me try to start the wedding dress lol. Think my boss will chace me around. Hahahaha!
Love the dress it lookin gud u cant tell its got stretching material.

Anonymous said...

Umependeza sana...mie sina cha kusema

very creative and designer of the century...

Always
Dottie

Anitha said...

:)))

Anitha said...

Asante Lily..xx

Anitha said...

LOL thanks Elsa...

Anitha said...

Thanks Dottie...xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful..... period!

Subira wahure said...

unajua kuvaa shoga yangu...yani mpaka raha,nikiingiaga humu nisipokuta post mpya nanunaje....keep it up my lady

Anitha said...

Awww Thank you anony..

Anitha said...

Awww asante Subira...

Tunny said...

Anitha..u r duing wat u r gud at.kip it u.!

Anitha said...

Thanks Tunny mi love..