Friday, July 13, 2012

I Dream in Colours...

Hello Everyone,

TGIF!!!!

So y'all know am the ever so matchy-match girl but am finally getting into the colour block band wagon. I will be honest I feel safer with mixing prints or going tonal/ monochromatic than with colour blocking, I mean I love it when other people colour block bold primary colours or the sweet pastels but not me, when I got this skirt my first instinct was to wear it with a white blouse (btw I just found out that I only have ONE white blouse! ONE! can you believe that? whaaaaat!!!??? the rest are Tshirts) so in the absence of white I saw the blue blouse and I had a light bulb moment to colour block and a miracle happened I actually liked it...!!!!! so while I look for white blouses and shirts I shall colour block and love it...






Oh yes so I was frustrated with how fast my hair looses the curls after paying dearly to get it curled and they don't even last at least two day!? could it be because the people at the saloon use a Flat iron to curl SMH does that even make sense!? so I set myself on a mission to buy a curler and then got the shock of my life at the ridiculous prices are you kidding me? they cost more than a pair of shoes and that's just ridiculous! so I decided to take matters into my own hands and checked out YouTube tutorials by Michele Phan on how to curl hair without heat and I found out about paper curlers and I tried it out at home pretty simple, easy to do, easy to sleep with them and the result is the tightest curls that am still rocking till today love love love!!! will show you pictures on facebook of how I did mine, I wish I could do a video but I still don't have a decent camera :(( check Michelle video HERE
I'm wearing: My new hot Pink pencil skirt and belt ~ Tandika, A cobalt Blue blouse ~ Thrifted Karume (Old), Faux pearl earrings ~ Woolworth, Cathy Jean Patent pumps ~ Viatuzi, Black ZARA tote ~ via Viatuzi 



 


Oh do you like this look tucked in or left out with the belt on top? I couldn't decide so I left home tucked in got the office un-tucked then after lunch tucked in again, same with the hair left home with it down, then pinned it up and then let it down again...just another day in my life SMH.

The Clutch Give away Ends Today, so we will have a Winner on Monday, Goodluck to all who participated!

Have a lovely weekend Dolls...

 xoxo

Anitha

17 comments:

Kenyan in Dar said...

Looooove the colors Anitha!

In my opinion I prefer the look with the top tucked in!

Anonymous said...

Madam umependeza sana both ukiweka belt kwa juu ya skirt hata mtu hajui km ni belt iko separate na skirt and u look hot,but also ukiweka belt juu ya blouse km picha ya mwisho inaonekana km umevaa peplum blouse and u rock it,so unaweza vaa kwa style yeyote na inakutoa bomba.

Lilian Tarimo

Elsa said...

I love untacked one.. But u look both fine..

Anonymous said...

Hii sas kali yani umewakaje look so nice bi mdogo...mkanda nje ndo swafii hasa..hongera dogo kwa kupendeza na kutupa raha ya macho kuona vitu vizuri na kujifunza we still students so long as we'r alive.BIG UUUP

Anonymous said...

she standing on the blue wall with blue blouse..play with our eyes huh!

..creativity at per!

wee noma!

JM

Anonymous said...

Anitha...I am back, was away for few days but here i am...
Looking good and i like it when the shirt is tucked in. I am afraid of color blocking but i like it when people pull it off just like you.

Gosh..i love this blog

Mariam

emu-three said...

Mpendwa weweni mrembo, ....tena urembo wa asili. Tupo pamoja Anitha

Hollo said...

Both ways u kill it

Anitha said...

Thanks Kenyan in Dar. Me too.

Anitha said...

Asante Lily hunie...next time ntatoka ki-kuchomolea.

Anitha said...

Thanks Elsa!

Anitha said...

Asante Bi mkubwa..

Anitha said...

LoL thanks JM...

Anitha said...

Welcome back Mariam and thank you luv.

Anitha said...

Awww Asante Emu...am flattered!

Anitha said...

Thank you Hollo..

Tunny said...

Yaani,cant decide either..bora uwe unafanya ivo tu,u tuck in 4 a while then u tek it out.!