Friday, June 1, 2012

Colour Purple...

Hello reader dearests,

The weekend is finally here and I for one can't wait to go out and chillax with my girls on our now monthly girls night out. What are you doing tonight? and on the weekend?



This was on Wednesday - day two of training at Harbours View and I was taking advantage of the View haha and my now experienced security guard fotog as you can see he didn't chop my shoes off this time...they learn so fast eeh! on to the outfit I have to say am one of those people who whenever we buy something new we just have to wear it immediately and such is the case here, If you follow me on facebook then you know that am wearing pieces (The checkered cardigan, the grey pencil skirt and the purple skinny belt) from my last weekend Karume haul and ofcourse my new robot face bag (my brother now calls it R2D2 hahaha).


I don't know why but I feel that straight pencil skirts that go below the knee are so flattering and make me look slightly taller than short skirts. I have been looking for a grey skirt for the longest time so I was super happy to get this one last saturday for only TZS 3000/- its a bit big on me but I kinda like the loose fit makes me feel like I have lost weight hahahaha!(delusional).
In my opinion strappy velvet shoes are a no-no for work, if you work in a conservative corporate environment (government offices, law firms, banks etc) you can be excused if you work in advertising, Media or Fashion. So what is a girl to do when she wants to be all matchy matchy!? wear Black tights/stockings ofcourse!! The tights just closes up all the bare skin and the shoes don't seem too strappy anymore right!? or I just needed an excuse to wear tights in this heat, in my defence it was raining in the morning and I was going to be stuck in a freezing AC'd room I needed the tights LOL...



I'm wearing: Thrifted checkered cardigan ~ Karume, Forever 21 Lavender top ~ Ilala (Old), Grey skirt ~ Karume, Tights~China, Purple patent skinny belt ~ Karume, New look strappy colourblocked heels ~ Viatuzi, Robot face bag ~ UCHUMI  



 I have made a post of my closet on my facebook page, so head over there LIKE and check it out! but wont leave you without a sneak peek!! the blog is after all Anitha's closet so incase you ever thought it's a gigantic walk-in closet it's NOT LOL!! more pictures on my facebook page HERE!!



xoxo

Anitha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jamani ivi hizi combination huwa unatumia muda gani kuziandaa? kila unapotoka uko mmwwaaaaa!!

Anonymous said...

U are a true fashionista....i like playing with my wardrobe too....but i am still in shock like really tumepishana miaka miwili!!???? I think my parents are lying to me about my age, i will find out.

Mariam

Kenyan in Dar said...

Loving the combi of lavender/ purple and grey, very fresh.

About ua closet, why don't you do a full post about it here? Couldn't view the pics on fb, they were very small.

Anitha said...

Asante hun...nina kumbukumbu sasa so hata nikiwa nanunua kitu tayari huwa najua nitakivaa na nini...na kuwa na kabati lililO organised inanisaidia sana najua mahali kila kitu kilipo so haichukui mda saaaana ;))

Anitha said...

LoL Mariam you are hilarious!! Its just the hair love...I look much older with hair on

Anitha said...

Hey hun...Thanks!! I will definetly try, I try to posy other stuff at the facebook page to keep it interesting and since its pretty random...but I will slot a day for the closet as well.