Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Be Still my Soul...

The Lord is on thy side...

Hello every one,

Hope you are having a great week so far!

Today am sharing my take on church wear and my favourite hymn "be still my soul" I always know it's going to be alright when I read it when am troubled about something.

I think it's a universal thinking that no matter what you wear all week, on Sunday you put on your Sunday's best to go Worship. I don't post a lot of my Sunday looks because lately I like sleeping-in late on Sundays and can't make it for the more formal morning masses, I prefer the more quite, cool, less formal evening mass, I find that am more focused then, it's not hot and stuffy and I don't have to dress up (even a fashionista needs a day off sometimes har har har).  But I do miss the morning mass and how energetic it is and the choir, so last Sunday me and my little family decided to spend the whole day together starting with the morning mass.





It's very important to follow your church dress code (no need kukwaza watu unnecessarily), there's nothing more embarrassing than being told to leave the church because you are deemed inappropriately dresses, in my church all hem-lines above the knees are a no-no, strapless dresses and spaghetti straps, off-shoulder blouses are also not allowed plus anything tight although you can get away with it if you are petite.




I'm wearing: Thrifted dress ~ JAMSA, Vintage Chanel purse ~ Gifted, Ring ~ Viatuzi, Glitter Heels ~ eBay 



Didnt have time to apply at least some makeup, always running late.



 xoxo

Anitha

8 comments:

Elsa said...

only the shoes today.. Ghosh!

Anitha said...

Hahaha thanks Elsa...

Anonymous said...

perfect!!!

Anonymous said...

i am loving the whole look kwakweli....good Anitha

Mariam

Priscar said...

Lookin great mamii,esp without the shrug...Lolz,add me on fb please, am using priscar pius and on BBM,me pin is 27DD4838.

Anitha said...

Thank you!

Anitha said...

Thanks Mariam...

Anitha said...

Thanks Priscar...am adding you!