Monday, June 18, 2012

Back to Africa...

Hey Dolls,

I hope you had a relaxing weekend, I know I did :))) This was my Friday outfit...


Meet my one and only "Kitenge" dress and it's kinda vintage-y. It belonged to my beloved Grandmother who passed away in 2009 after a long battle with Cancer :(( it's never easy seeing someone you love, so sweet and little and delicate as my grandmother suffer so much (May her soul rest in eternal Peace). After her funeral my mother being the only living daughter got this dress for me, it was originally designed as a long kaftan/dira kinda dress with two extra pieces of kitenge for wrapping. At first I never thought I would ever wear it (), I just thought I would keep it in her memory but then the Back to Africa Craze started and I was really loving the colours and patterns so I cut the dress up and hemmed (you should know I'm pretty good at Needle work *insert smug face here* :P ) and it's now my go to dress now, super comfy and so simple and am sure she looking down proud from heaven, I always feel peace when I wear this dress.

To make it office appropriate since I was also going to be seeing clients, I added my trusty over used black long cardigan. The reason I wear this cardigan a lot is, when I wear something short due to my curves it's usually much shorter at the back so the solution is the long cardigan which adds more coverage, I also wore my favourite and very painfully high brown pumps, these shoes are so very high and they don't have much padding so they can be a bit uncomfortable but amazingly they are my favourites, wish they were more pointy.







I'm wearing: My grandmother's Kitenge dress, Long black cardigan ~ from China, Coral/orange belt ~ from China, orange earing ~ Viatuzi, Dorothy Perkins heels ~ Viatuzi, ZARA tote

xoxo

Anitha

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wore a kitenge too on friday...looking good as usual

Mariam

Elsa said...

Simply stunny lady.. Love the combination of colour on kitenge with that brown shoes.. Goes fineeeeeeee.

sia said...

lukin gud anitha pls nipe cri ya kumaliza kitambi.mbona kimeisha ghafla hivyo jmn n nn?hebu nimegee bana.

Anitha said...

Thanks Mariam...!

Anitha said...

Thanks Elsa!

Anitha said...

Thanks Sia my dear kitambi kipo bado LoL am just wearing spanx underneath...they help keep it under control ;)))