Wednesday, June 27, 2012

All the things She said...

Hello Dolls!

How was your Day? Hope it was productive.

I spent the better part of the afternoon at church for a funeral mass of a relative who passed away this week from Cancer :( ...it was heart breaking, he has left behind a wife and four young kids I cannot even imagine what they are going through. Family gathering always freak me out a little, I don't know the names of half my relatives, I'm good with faces but I suck at names and how we are related, my Ukoo is so very big sometimes I feel all wahaya and wanyambo are just one big family, so I never know who's actually family or who's just from the same village as my parents, or who's mother's mother is a cousin of my mother's aunt or father's mother's sister it's all so very complicated LOL. To top it I don't speak the language (ashamedly so) and then there's the usual tiresome question's and comments oh my you have grown! do you have Children? are you married?(while checking my ring finger) where do you work now? and where do you stay? where are you hiding? how come we haven't seen your baby? you are so fat now! one woman even went as far to tell me you need to stop pombe that my belly is too big (duuh like I don't know!? I don't even drink!! beer that is LOL) seriously!! like I said you gotta love family they give it to you like it is and I take it with a fixed smile on my face (think the Joker buhahahaha). 




On to the outfit,  We are hving some electrical situation at home so I had to pick the only two items in my closet that do not need ironing. I have had this pleated skirt for years, the trend has come and gone and come back again and am glad I never gave it away (someone say Hoarder!!!) I so wish I had never cut it! It was a maxi when I bought it, but at the time the trend was shorter skirts so I had it cut  but I still love it and I don't see myself parting with it anytime soon. wearing it with my ruched mint scarf-print top.




I dont know what this is supposed to be but I was going for naughty and provocative kinda LOL


I'm wearing: Thrifted scarf print top ~ JAMSA, Thrifted pleated skirt ~ kkoo (Old), Dororthy Perkins Tan pumps ~ Viatuzi, ZARA bag ~ SassynClassy, Earrings ~ Marriedo, Necklace ~ DIY, Bracelet ~ Quality Centre



Dolls the giveaway is still open till the 15th July 2012 so be sure to participate to win the Clutch. You dont have to have a Twitter account to participate. Just like my facebook page HERE, Post the giveaway on you facebook wall instead follow me on bloglovin HERE and just comment on the giveaway post HERE and that will be your entry to win This beautiful Trendy clutch!





XOXO

Anitha

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ahahhah you remind me my family and all relatives ,maswali hayo hayo kila siku ahahha,by the way am your sis Nyambo Girl!!!!!!
i always like your natural beauty today i know why u are such beautif girl ............
ni matunda ya ndizi aka matoke hata kama hujala wewe ila mama na baba ahahha,love u lil sis!!!!

Anonymous said...

you made me laugh Anitha...ndugu are always coldblooded, they can tell things on your face and they dont care if you are hurt or not...family forever.

Looking good as always

Mariam

Elsa said...

My side I hate those family gathered, sometime u find the cousin are look at you up and down and start gossip, or ur aunty will start to provoke why ur not married till now?
Back to outfit u look like ur coming from Sunday school lol!!! Its bit of child but me like it, am going to copy some days..

Anitha said...

Hahahahahaha Thanks Sis! Matoke nakula sana in fwact hehehe!

Anitha said...

Hahahaha Elsa! I know right! I am most terrified of the grown up the older relations though I have some really cool uncles! I usually greet quickly and go sit with the cousins they are always fun!

Anitha said...

Hahahaha glad I started your day with a gud laugh Mariam! Thanks doll...I guess we need a dose of the truth once in a while and who better to dish it out than family?

Anonymous said...

hahahahah ,those are normal things in our culture especially us Tanzania,we always judge others like it never cause us harm..telling someone you drink while you do not know nothing of their personality...

Ni kuwalia bati tu...mnakutana ktk shughuli tu..

asante
Dottie

Anonymous said...

..iiiiweee kaisikii

JM

Anitha said...

Hahaha thanks Dottie!

Anitha said...

LoL