Friday, May 18, 2012

Old Glamour...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!

That's how excited I am to blog again after oh so three days long!? am I becoming addicted? oh yes! and the reason is your lovely comments, emails and tweets! I feel like we know each other now.


It's also the first time am blogging about an outfit am actually wearing at the moment! as in am wearing that while I type this so if you see someone with that outfit today out and about town that will be Me!!!!! so holla at your girl ;). Anyways my Mama has been cleaning her closet lately and giving away some of her clothes that she no longer wear, naturally I get to go over the pile before it goes anywhere and I got myself three skirts from the pile and some other stuff that I will have to Alter before I can wear them and this is one of the skirts I got. I absolutely love the paint-like pattern, the greens, the navy, the blues and the yellow with lemon green, all very spring like, I also like the length on me. On my mother who is taller than me the skirt is mid -calf length but on me it's a Maxi so I had to hike it up a bit and belt it. It has buttons all the way down so you can choose to button all the way down or leave some open for a front slit so you can show some leg (I'm a tease like that haha). Paired it with my green tank top, people actually thought it was a dress. Told ya I have this Tank in all colours LOL why pick if you can have them all  on sale price right!?

Tank top ~ H&M, Skirt ~ Legacy (Vintage from mama), Belt ~ Very Old Thrifted holds my little extras very nicely there haha)



Brass Cuff bracelet ~ Viatuzi, Leather Circle Bracelet ~ DIY, Clutch ~ Thrifted (Tandika), Shoes ~ Candies (Gifted from China), Ring ~ Mr.price

Now get ready to drop off your chair when I tell you that I got this Oh-So-Trendy Cobalt Blue Oversize Envelope Clutch for like TZS 1,500/- Oh yes baby!!! :D

Changed into these cute Primark jelly flats ~ Sassy n Classy (BBM Shop) I have these flats in black and hot pink love them!!!

<3

Now go forth and raid your mothers closet people they are full of vintage treasures LOL!!

Have a lovely weekend guys! I will make a post of what I wore to work this week tomorrow or tonight so be sure to check in...also I just got my blog registered in Tanzania Blog Awards and I would LOVE it and appreciate it so much if you guys take a moment to nominate me for the Best Newcomer Blog HERE the form is very brief and will only take a minute of your time!! Nomination ends on 31st May so there isn't much time left so pretty please with sugar on top nominate meeee!!


Thanks a lot!!

xoxo

Anitha

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Madam umependeza sana na umepangilia nimependa ulivyovaa na kiatu kirefu bila cadiga na ulivyokuja kuvaa na flats shoes na cadiga u know what sikuizi naangalia blog yako unavyovaa na kupangila nguo na when im going to mtumba shop najaribu kukumbuka unavyovaaga so nafanya copy at least napatya muongozo ninunue nini na nivae kwa mpangilio gani
Keep it up Anitha

Lilian Tarimo

Anitha said...

awwwww asante Lily...nafurahi kusikia am inspiring you yeeeeey! hiyo safi!

Kate said...

looooh, please let's make a "Tandika shopping date"...manake that clutch is awesome....and love your vintage skirt from mama (bless her heart for hoarding it) teh teh, now i'm away from home but as soon as I get there, i will "persuade mama to clean her closet" teh teh

just voted for you Anitha, and I do hope you win in that category, I envision a lot of potential from your blog and the recognition will further fuel your blogging addiction (I think I mean my current obsession with your blog!!)

xo

Anitha said...

Hahahahaha Thanks Kate...am sure she will be persuaded ;) Keep voting you can vote as many times as you can.

Anonymous said...

Good stuff Anita ua tryig my dear and will go far bt take in mind that matching is way too over. i think you should go for mixing clors/color blockin u will look much mwaa!anyways its my opinon.

Anonymous said...

..1st pic and 2nd from bottom..ndio nimetoa kwa mimacho..eti mpasua..wanted to see mooo..looks desh desh inside...kill me if u can..hahahaa ulifanya kusidiiii!

Gluv

Anonymous said...

awwww i lovee the look but especially with the jelly pumps! Yesss im the type to raid my mama`s closet as well..oh come dear summer and i will do just that :D

Looking forward to the other posts doll xo

Anitha said...

@Anony 1 Thank you!...Actually matching is making a major comeback right now..check out the fashion week steet style its all over the place. I do like to colour block sometimes but I coordinating is more of my comfort zone..hate looking like I dressed in the Dark LOL...

@Gluv..perv much? LOL

@Anony 3 Have fun raidin the closet love haha and Thanks a lot!!

Kenyan in Dar said...

That clutch is to die for!!! And for Tshs 1,500??! Best buy!

Anitha said...

You know!!!!!!!!! I do love Tandika for that!

emmie said...

i love the way unavaa pendeza sana love

Anonymous said...

umependeza my dia,me toka nimejifungua sijipendi najiona nimekuwa mbaya mnene, kila nikijaribu nguo zinanibana yaani najichukia sana,wish niwe karibu na wewe unipeleke maduka yote hayo yaani i hate myself kwakweli, i was one of hot chick but now, plss msaada Anitha

Anitha said...

Thank you Emmie!!

xo

Anitha said...

@ Anonymous..once a hot chick always a hot chic mommy! dont waste your time hating yourself kabisa honey true once we give birth some of us we just dont go back to what we once where ( I had a waaaaaay hoootter body before the baby) but the most important thing is to either work really hard in getting back to your old self like the hollywood moms do and a lot of bongo moms I see...or Work with what you have now like I do...I completely dont have a waist line anymore my belly is so big but I work with it LOL..Untill such time I quit eating chapati and pepsi. send me an email and we will work something out. I would really like to Help hun.

xo

Sheila said...

...that blue clutch is the business!I just voted for your awesome blog & you so deserve to win!

Mdau US

Anitha said...

Awww thanks Sheila...I really appreciate that! Keep voting please you can vote as many times as you like!

Clarrissa said...

Wow., I must admit, u a role model of many of us, I also love fashion but I guess I am more into casuals, Anita you are of a kind, I had wanted to open my own fashion blog one tym but I dnt have the gats, anymore not that I fear competition but only that I need a lot of brushing... U actually know fashion, I guess I am stil a slagging snail. I got to know you from a mutual friend lilian Tarimo, keep it up.