Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lady in Red...

Hello dearest readers,


Last Thursday my mother and I were invited to a send-off party and this is what I wore. Whenever I go out with mama it usually means we will meet a bunch of family friends and hence I try to be the perfect daughter which means my outfit has to be a bit conservative, like a proper young lady. I especially love the over-the-knee mid lenght and the pencil shape makes me look tall. The top is actually a very short dress that I don't know what I was thinking when I bought this dress seriously It hardily covers my bum and it was so freakin expensive duh, but at least I get to wear it as a top tucked in.

I'm wearing: AX Paris dress as top bought in some tiny boutique/nailsaloon in Kinondoni don't remember the name, Vintage Skirt Thrifted, Nina Red Satin heels from Viatuzi, thrifted Louis Vuitton monogrammed Beige "spring street" Vernis bag and earrings gifted by Vivette!








really hate the quality of these pictures dolls but bear with me pretty pliiiiz :)))

hope you like the look and before I forget special thanks to Shamim (mama IQ) of 8020fashions for featuring lil' ol' me on her blog...love ya!

xoxo

Anitha

14 comments:

Kate said...

Hi Anitha,

I came to your blog from Shamim's 8020 fashions, and I must say I am truly hooked onto your dressing style and how you write. It's amazing to know that with insight and a little creativity, we can work our wardrobes to the fullest and not sell our souls in the process.

I adore the way you change dresses into tops, a coat into a suit, just fabulous. I'll be sure to seek some advice on my next "mitumba spree" lol

Keep us posted, I have had lovely ideas from your postings.

xoxo

Anitha said...

Hello Kate, thank you for visiting and am so glad I have inspired you, I always tell my friends that you dont need an endless closet full of clothes just endless ways of wearing wat you already have...you have inspired me to keep going!

xoxo

Kenyan in Dar said...

I second Kate.

Keep doing you and you could be our own Fashion Banana's chica (forgot her name);-)

And fix the pic quality pretty pls?!

Otherwise so far so lovely!

Anitha said...

Hey Kenyan in Dar thanks hn am working on the quality luv saving up money for a better camera so just a little bit longer. The fashion bananas chic anaitwa Delmy I love her too wish I had a bod like that and ofcourse her shoe closet!!! drooling!

Anonymous said...

Nakupendaje mdogo wangu kwa pamba zako, u look hot darling. Mimi penda wewe sanaaaa!

Luv you,

Jenipher (friend of Lilian Tarimo)

Anitha said...

awww asante Jenipher :)))) msalimie Lily!!

Renee said...

You nailed it mama Alyssa...loves it! next trip to karume holla at your girl...

Anitha said...

thanks Renee...am actually thinking of going there now but am restraining myself...it's actually a walking distance from my new office Bless their hearts foR bringing me here LOL!!

Renee said...

Take me with...pleaseeee...."sob sob"

Anitha said...

hehehe hunie am feeling so lazy with this eishy weather...besides mpaka utoke mjini ufike huku itakuwa usiku tayari...ila since we are all njia moja siku hizi yeeey will defoo go with you one of these days!

Kenyan in Dar said...

Can I join in that trip to Karume too?

I never know exactly where to start or finish the few times I have been there.

Yes, Delmy, shes a hottie*no hommo*

Anitha said...

LOL @Kenyan in TZ *no hommo* will definetly have to confirm that Karume trip with the weather being so bad as is now...but Karume is my favourite place I definetly have the map of all the places to go the key to thrifting in Karume is not to be lazy and to keep an open mind!! I always find the best stuff in the most unusual piles.Will have to schedule it tho' drop me an email on anithanthony@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

wow..seen this from 8020 and i must say you look amazing! i love the little stories behind every picture and i love your creativity! I also like the fact that you are going to reply to this :)

Anitha said...

:))))) Thank you anony...very grateful to Zeze for bringing all of you here...Karibu sana!