Thursday, February 9, 2012

going green...

Hey lovlies...

Here's another old favourite of mine, I wore this outfit to church a while back last year, I love dressing up for church (decently mind you, my church is very strict on dress code), it feels right and proper . I used to go very casual to church in my younger years but after having my baby I feel the need to look mommy apropriate at least for church.




Outfit: Black satin top (Thrifted), Silk floral green skirt (gifted), faux crocodile skin belt (thrifted), black vintage leather clutch (thrifted), Shoes - Queen of the Catwalk (Viatuzi)
back to the outfit, it all started from the shoes, I love these shoes, the unusual pop of green/turquoise, and the satin fabric. at 4.5'' and no platform they are not the comfiest shoes. I have had this skirt for years, it was actually a dress, a present from my mom, it didnt fit me right and I didnt like the style back then but I kept it because a) it was from mama b) it's 100% silk. On this particular day I really wanted to wear the shoes and being so matchy matchy I saw the dress, had a light bulb moment took my scissors  cut the top part off, sewed the rest together nicely and voila a skirt!!!!  




I hope you like it guys

xoxo
Anitha                                                             

4 comments:

elizabeth kinyamagoha said...

woow congratulation switheart ts a nyc begginin i blv utafika mbali,ol tha best mama alyssa let m follow ya steps in fashion coz u inspire m a lot

Anitha said...

thanks mama na karibu sana!

Ngakisali said...

My dear congrats the pics are real nyc u will always b my no 1 Fashionista. Go girl

semanga said...

Naughty fashionable gal...i like the story of the 'evolution of the skirt'u luk mmwuuaah!